The adventures of John Storm and the Elizabeth Swann. John Storm is an ocean adventurer and conservationist. The Elizabeth Swann is a fast solar powered boat. During a race around the world, news of the sinking of a pirate whaling ship reaches John Storm and his mate Dan Hawk. They decide to abandon the race and try and save the whale. This is a modern Moby Dick, the twist being that there is a happy ending for everyone, even the whalers. Herman Melville would approve. This is a modern Moby Dick, the twist being that there is a happy ending for everyone featuring this $Billion Dollar Whale, even the whalers. Herman Melville would approve.
In this scene we see the start of the first international solar and wind powered boat race from Sand Island, Honolulu Harbor and Channel, Hawaii.
The contenders in this race named the "World Zero Carbon Challenge," or, 'WZCC,' is for the world's fastest ocean going green vessel. With six entries for the inaugural event, Steve named the contenders the: 'Six-Pack.' They are:
For this scene, aim for2 pages (sides) and 6 illustrations, suggested as:
1.Steve Green and Charley Temple is a crowd of photographers looking out over Honolulu Channel.
2. Banner with WZCC 'World Zero Carbon Challenge' emblazoned against white background, grass skirt dancers and coconut trees.
3. The six solar boats off Sand Island trying to maintain station against an irregular tide between two marshal boats.
4. A flare being fired to signal the start of the race and an air horn being blasted.
5. The solar boats accelerating hard away from the start line, water plumes from the sterns.
6. The Elizabeth Swann taking the lead commandingly, followed by Starlight, with Khufu Kraft bringing up the rear.
These headings are only to guide you - some of the person to person pictures can be smaller (6 to a page size or insets) - to help you to plan your layout if you fancy illustrating this Scene.
WHALING CHASE >>>
The Six-Pack is a group of electric boats entered in the World Zero Carbon Challenge. Each being powered only by the sun and wind, but which must be propelled by water thrust generated by an electric traction motor. They are allowed batteries or other means to store energy.
Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site
This website is Copyright © 2020 Cleaner Ocean Foundation Ltd and Jameson Hunter Ltd